>> Student Members CLICK HERE (to print out application)
CMAAC Continuing Education Requirements
CMAAC Members in each province are required to provide documentation of minimum 15 hours of continuing education per registration renewal year in the form of a seminar/workshop or self-study. Please note that documentation of the continuing education is mandatory with all membership fees.
Further information and a SAMPLE form can be downloaded and printed for your convenience at: CLICK HERE
Application Procedure and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada! Please review the following information and complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
To become a member of CMAAC, you must meet the following criteria:
A. In a province where acupuncture and/or TCM is governed by a regulatory body (BC, Alberta, Ontario, Newfoundland, and Quebec):
• Be a current REGISTERED member of a regulatory body (College) in your residing province
• Completed AT LEAST a 3 year full time acupuncture/traditional Chinese medicine course that equals a minimum of 1900 hours of full time study, plus 500 Clinical Hours
B. In a province where acupuncture and/or TCM is NOT governed by a regulatory body:
• Completed AT LEAST a 3 year full time acupuncture/traditional Chinese medicine course that equals a minimum of 1900 hours of full time study, plus 500 Clinical Hours, from an education institution approved by CMAAC or registered by a provincial Department of Education (in Nova Scotia, the Department of Labour and Advanced Education) and/or the FTCMCC (Federation of TCM Colleges of Canada)
• Be a Canadian citizen OR have Landed Immigrant Status (You must provide proof of your landed immigrant status when you submit your CMAAC application)
If you meet the above criteria, please download the CMAAC Membership Application Form.
✓sign the Code of Ethics
✓and prepare the following items to be submitted along with the application:
- Proof of provincial association membership (Contact the CMAAC Chapter President or Liaison Officer in your area of your intent to apply as a CMAAC member BEFORE submitting your application
- Annual membership fee = $100 per year)
- 2 passport size photographs
IMPORTANT: **Only applications from qualified professionals will be considered. **Successful applicants will receive a membership certificate. **Income tax receipts will be issued for successful applicants.
Downloadable PDF Form
154 Wellington Street
London, Ontario N6B 2K8
Questions? Contact CMAAC Head Office (519) 642-1970