CMAAC EXECUTIVE ROLES DEFINED
VICE PRESIDENT, EDUCATION & ACADEMIC
The Vice-President, Continuing Education and Academic provides strategic and innovative academic leadership for continuing education of professionals as well as guidance to TCM and acupuncture education institutions.
- Duties Include:To assess the qualifications of new members· To set up protocols of professional development programs and assist each chapter(s) to coordinate workshops/seminars for their members· To educate and promote Traditional Chinese Medicine to the general public and insurance companies in the form of seminars, conferences, and symposiums· To communicate with TCM and Acupuncture education institutions in Canada and around the world
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERY DIRECTOR
Every Director shall:
- be loyal to the Corporation;
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values (attach)
- exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the office honestly, in good faith and in the best interest of the Corporation; and
- exercise the degree of care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances.
- In contributing to the achievement of the responsibilities of the Board as a whole, each Director shall:
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values;
- work positively, co-operatively and respectfully as a member of the team with other Directors and with the Corporation’s management and staff;
- respect and abide by Board decisions;
- complete the necessary background preparation in order to participate effectively in meetings of the Board and its committees;
- keep informed about, matters relating to the Corporation, the community served, and other health care services provided in the region;
- participate in the annual evaluation of overall Board effectiveness; and
- represent the Board, when requested.