CMAAC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ROLES-DEFINED
VICE PRESIDENT LIAISONS
The Vice President of Liaison communicates between CMAAC chapters and Executive Council for unity and cohesion. This position will work closely with Vice-President of External Affairs (Chinese/English).
- Duties Include: To improve communication between the Executive Council so as to maintain strong and active interaction and communication· To facilitate the work of each chapter on other groups particularly when there is need to report or seek approval of recommendations from the Executive Council· To enable early identification of problems or concerns raised in these groups and support effective discussion/action to resolve issues raised
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERY DIRECTOR
Every Director shall:
- be loyal to the Corporation;
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values (attach)
- exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the office honestly, in good faith and in the best interest of the Corporation; and
- exercise the degree of care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances.
- In contributing to the achievement of the responsibilities of the Board as a whole, each Director shall:
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values;
- work positively, co-operatively and respectfully as a member of the team with other Directors and with the Corporation’s management and staff;
- respect and abide by Board decisions;
- complete the necessary background preparation in order to participate effectively in meetings of the Board and its committees;
- keep informed about, matters relating to the Corporation, the community served, and other health care services provided in the region;
- participate in the annual evaluation of overall Board effectiveness; and
- represent the Board, when requested.