CMAAC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ROLES-DEFINED
The Secretary General (Chinese/English) is responsible for all correspondence, agendas, and minutes of all meetings, press releases and news editing.
- Duties included: To be the custodian of all minute books, documents and registers of the Corporation required to be kept by the provisions of the Act and all minutes, documents and records of the Board and its committees.Duties include:
– to notify members of meetings
– to administer day-to-day activities of CMAAC
– to create the order of business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERY DIRECTOR
Every Director shall:
- be loyal to the Corporation;
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values (attach)
- exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the office honestly, in good faith and in the best interest of the Corporation; and
- exercise the degree of care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances.
- In contributing to the achievement of the responsibilities of the Board as a whole, each Director shall:
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values;
- work positively, co-operatively and respectfully as a member of the team with other Directors and with the Corporation’s management and staff;
- respect and abide by Board decisions;
- complete the necessary background preparation in order to participate effectively in meetings of the Board and its committees;
- keep informed about, matters relating to the Corporation, the community served, and other health care services provided in the region;
- participate in the annual evaluation of overall Board effectiveness; and
- represent the Board, when requested.