CMAAC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ROLES-DEFINED
- The President is the legal authority for CMAAC. He or she acts as a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. Serves as the Board’s central point of communication with the executive officers and senior management of the Corporation; provides guidance regarding the Board’s expectations and concerns. In collaboration with executive officers and senior management, develops standards for Board decision-support packages that include formats for reporting to the Board and level of detail to be provided to ensure that management strategies and planning and performance information are appropriately presented to the Board.
· is the primary spokesperson for CMAAC to the media and community at large
· chairs the Board of Directors meetings, as needed
· provides leadership and direction to the Board
– bears financial responsibility of CMAAC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERY DIRECTOR
Every Director shall:
- be loyal to the Corporation;
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values (attach)
- exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the office honestly, in good faith and in the best interest of the Corporation; and
- exercise the degree of care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances.
- In contributing to the achievement of the responsibilities of the Board as a whole, each Director shall:
- adhere to the Corporation’s mission, vision and values;
- work positively, co-operatively and respectfully as a member of the team with other Directors and with the Corporation’s management and staff;
- respect and abide by Board decisions;
- complete the necessary background preparation in order to participate effectively in meetings of the Board and its committees;
- keep informed about, matters relating to the Corporation, the community served, and other health care services provided in the region;
- participate in the annual evaluation of overall Board effectiveness; and
- represent the Board, when requested.