CMAAC, the Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada
is a non-profit, charitable organisation registered with the Federal Government. From its inception in 1983, its mandate has been to lobby for regulation of TCM and Acupuncture for the best interests of the public and to protect the high repute of the TCM community. There are eight chapter offices across Canada. In 1987, CMAAC became a member society of the World Federation of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Societies (WFAS) which is the only international acupuncture organisation recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Established in 1983, CMAAC is a non-profit organisation that promotes the TCM/A profession on both provincial and federal levels. In 1987, CMAAC became a member of the World Federation of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Societies (WFAS), an international organisation recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Become a member! There is strength in numbers and together we need to use our strength to protect and promote our profession for ourselves and future generations.
CMAAC Insurance Program –
For ALL registered CMAAC members!
Click for more details!
- Educate the public about TCM/A
- Support TCM/A practitioners
- Share best practices
- Collaborate between Eastern and Western medicine
- Establish high professional standards for TCM/A
- Promote TCM/A in Canada and internationally
- Provide a united voice for the TCM/A profession in Canada
- Participate in meaningful partnerships with charitable organisations
In all these areas, we have achieved great success. TCM and Acupuncture is now a valuable part of mainstream culture thanks in part to the efforts of our members who have united behind a code of ethics. CMAAC has fostered alliances with the provincial and federal governments, and assists the Ministry of Health on many assignments.
What CMAAC Provides:
- Discounts for insurance
- Continuing Education Seminars and Workshops with a wide range of presenters
- Professional Advocacy
- Website highlights recent CMAAC activities and provides information to members
- e-Newsletters with the latest developments in TCM/A
- Provincial representatives across Canada
- Mentoring future leaders